Senior Project Controller - Birmingham - 70k - 80k + 20% Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group is supporting an International Automotive organisation to recruit a Senior Project Controller.
The core of this role focus will be overseeing all aspects of financial management and project accounting on Programmes, supporting the Programme Director and providing finance partnering. This role offers a wealth of business partnering so would suit an experienced Accountant who is confident engaging with senior individuals across all departments.
Senior Project Controller in Birmingham responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for all financial aspects of allocated projects; ensuring effective and timely budgeting, forecasting, management and reporting of the projects, including consolidation into business unit results monthly, ensuring reconciliation and accurate variance analysis
- Business partnering with associated project teams, providing finance leadership, governance, advice, and information to support project managers (PMs) and programme directors (PDs)
- Support the programme team in understanding the costs and driving cost efficiencies within the business
- Working together with the team to successfully implement new ERP system as well as focusing on driving improvements
- Promoting and operating a comprehensive control environment, driving, and ensuring compliance to financial accounting and reporting policies
- Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations for allocated projects, and driving continuous improvement in month end reporting disciplines
- Provide finance support at contract and bid reviews, providing insight and information as required
- Supporting the project and Senior Leadership Teams in investment decisions and financial risk in current operations and bid work
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to allow effective communication and exchange of information
The business has an International presence and a large finance team across several divisions which can offer multiple routes for progression.
The right person for the role will be Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with programme experience gained within an automotive environment. The individual will need to be confident leading every aspect of their programme and able to build positive relationships with other areas of the business. This role reports directly into a Finance Director who is happy to support but will also expect a good work ethic and a solution first mentality.
Senior Project Controller in Birmingham package:
- £70,000 - £80,000
- 20% Bonus
- Competitive pension
- 25 days holiday