Senior Project Accountant - Maidenhead (Part Qualified or Qualified by Experience)
Hybrid working - 2-3 days in the Maidenhead Office
This is a truly exciting time to be joining our client's finance team as a Senior Project Accountant, at their UK Head Office in Maidenhead. My client are a market-leading, International B2B company in their industry sector who are passionate about everything they do and offer a super reputation. With operations internationally you will be able to gain considerable exposure to working with different cultures. You will be able to offer recent and tangible Project Accounting experience (fro the UK) and keen to enhance your project accounting skills further, by working in a small but growing, experienced team.
Based in modern offices in Maidenhead, this is the perfect Senor Project Accountant role for someone with passion, drive and someone who is able to work in a close-knit team, and oversee the other team members.
Your duties as a Senior Project Accountant will include:
- Working closely with the Financial Controller, and the Project Managers, working within the close-knit finance team of 7
- Create and update all projects in SAP, including extensive reconciliations
- Assist with monthly finance reviews with the project teams and project managers
- Providing weekly updates of the Project Finance reports
- Assisting the Financial Controller in timely closure of month-end and production of final accounts
- Maintaining an audit trail and liaising with the assistant Financial Controller with all audit requirements
- Managing all emails, and calls from suppliers and colleagues as and when required
- Working closely with the Project Managers within the business, to ensure all projects are on track and accounted for within the corrent timescales
- To attend relevant meetings (on Teams or face to face where applicable), with both finance and non-finance personnel to ensure accuracy of all project accounting tasks and o deliver on time accurate results
- To oversee and support other finance team members to ensure all projects are accounted for accurately
Ideal profile as a Senior Project Accountant:
- Previous project accounting exposure is essential (ideally from fast paced, multi-site, multi-national clients)
- To be a UK resident
- To be able to commute easily to the Maidenhead Office as and when required
- Be confident with financial principles and with the ability to check for completeness and accuracy of information presented and to be confident with dealing with both finance and non finance personnel at all levels
- Highly organised and able to manage conflicting processes and to lead by example, with strong communication skills and be trustworthy
- Flexible individual and team player with willingness to adapt to changing environments
- Self-motivated, articulate and pro-active
This is a superb Senior Project Accountant position, working for an International market-leading business who take immense pride in working with their clients each day. For further information please contact me directly.