£30000.00 - £32000.00 per annum + 10% Bonus
about 1 month ago
Gleeson finance are delighted to be working in partnership with this SME business in Warwick, to recruit an experienced Payroll Officer. Reporting into the Payroll Manager, you will provide an all-round effective and efficient payroll service, with full responsibility for payroll processing and reporting.
Key duties include:
- Production of P45's, P60's
- Checking balances with the HMRC portal and investigating anomalies
- Setting up new payroll files
- Processing of various payrolls (Weekly, Bi-weekly, monthly) including bonus, commission, pensions, SMP, SSP
- Good understanding of Work Place Pension requirements and the ability to calculate contributions
- Understanding of salary sacrifice rules
- Completing P11D's, PSA applications and year end PAYE requirements
- Ensuring all payrolls are approved in line with agreed timelines
- Following Standard Operating Procedures, updating as and when routines change
In order to be successful, you will be an experienced payroller, comfortable with the whole 360 process and open to change with a common-sense pragmatic approach to problem solving. You will always seek to improve processes and working practices, be comfortable to challenge and put forward ideas to improve.
Technically, you will ensure that payroll legislation is followed, sharing technical knowledge within the team and business as appropriate. You will be able to calculate all payroll components from first principles with knowledge of benefits and expenses and how to deal with queries from a payroll and reporting perspective.
In return, you will receive a salary of circa £30,000 plus 10% discretionary bonus, pension, lifestyle benefits, plus the opportunity for fast track development. If you would like to hear more about this fantastic opportunity, please apply direct, or call Sophie Evans, Business Manager, Gleeson Recruitment, on 07812 079718.