3 months ago
Senior Metallurgist - South Birmingham / Redditch - Engineering
Are you a Metallurgist with knowledge of steel, aluminium or titanium alloy? If so, a market leading manufacturer of precision forged and machined components are looking for you!
As the Senior Metallurgist, you will be responsible for x7 direct reports within an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory. The successful candidate will be accountable for the flow down of internal and external material to include material processes where you shall also contribute towards methods of manufacture.
The Senior Metallurgist will be responsible for the following:
- Manage areas of the laboratory team of circa 13 heads (x7 Directs).
- Update and control of the Laboratory Manual and Laboratory Instructions.
- Promote improvements to existing Laboratory processes and facilities.
- Control of non-conformances and carrying out investigations into test failures.
- Co-ordinate with other departments to ensure that exceptional quality standards are maintained for both internal and external customers.
- Provide technical input to forging design and heat treatment of New and Repeat Product Introductions.
- Present technical information to senior members of the business.
- Provide training and mentoring to members of team ensuring their progression needs are met.
- Liaison with customers on technical and production matters.
- Creation of heat treatment data cards and loading plans.
As the Senior Metallurgist, you will have the following skills or experience:
- Degree in materials science / metallurgy or relevant subject.
- Knowledge of steel, titanium and/or aluminium alloy forging/heat treatment.
- Health and Safety awareness within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of aerospace quality requirements or processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good general IT skills and working knowledge of Word, Excel & Outlook
- Experience with metal forming or forging simulation would be highly advantageous.
- NDT, Hardness or Conductivity testing is desirable.
If you would like to know more about the Senior Metallurgist role please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 075272578951 or email