Looking for something dynamic, forward-thinking? Are you a Marketing and Communications professional who is passionate about the West Midlands and helping to drive tourism to the region?
We are working with the West Midlands Growth Company exclusively, assisting with the hire of a Senior Marketing Executive, in a transformative role, working within the tourism marketing and communications team, and assisting with the marketing strategy for the Visitor Attraction team.
Play a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward. A unique opportunity to work for the region's Destination Management Organisation, as it leverages the tourism opportunities and global profile created by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to attract tourism and bring prosperity to the region.
We are looking for someone with a huge passion for marketing, who will bring bags of initiative.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Commonwealth Games Business and Tourism Programme (BATP) tourism marketing delivery including the domestic and international cultural campaign work packages
- A passion for destination marketing and communications, underpinned by research and intelligence and focused on measurable outcomes
- Supporting the Visitor Economy Senior Research Analyst in the collation and analysis of data for economic volume and value studies, market research, campaign analysis and programme evaluation
- Manage content across digital channels and platforms - websites, social media and e-newsletters across business and leisure tourism teams
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the company is at the forefront of developments
- Work with the Marketing Manager on integrated campaigns/projects, ensuring all work is proofread and complies with brand
- Internal stakeholder engagement to ensure delivery is on-track across the leisure and business tourism programme, working with the brand and events managers
- Proven commercial Marketing experience within a B2C environment, preferably tourism
- Evidence of campaign and project management skills
- Understanding and analysing data and research reports
- Strengths in management and delivery of digital marketing campaigns and social media
- The ability to work with marketing agencies and develop marketing briefs
- Experience across the full marketing mix
- Degree in marketing or equivalent (CIM, IDM).
- The ability to keep calm under pressure and work to deadlines.
- Be creative and have an innovative approach.