Birmingham, West Midlands, W. Midlands, England
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Bonus
2 months ago
Senior Management Accountant - Birmingham Business Park - 40 - 45k
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a highly acquisitive organisation who are based on Birmingham Business Park and have doubled their size over the past 12 months. The purpose of the role is to monitor and report on the organisations financial health and provide insight into he financial performance, with recommendations on improvements.
The Financial Controller is looking for a hands on Accountant who is not afraid of a challenge and can take control of the management and statutory accounts. This is a great option for anyone looking to build their experience integrating new businesses, building new processes and improving current ones.
The first 12 months in the role will provide exposure to improving the current system, increasing the speed of the production of the management information, creating a monthly MI report and developing KPIs for the business.
The Finance team is 15 strong currently with a need to add additional heads as the business continues to grow. This role is an ideal opportunity for an Accountant who is a year or two post qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with experience preparing accounts for a fast paced and growing business. Progression is available for anyone who is looking to develop their career further, and this role will see a talented individual progress into the Finance Manager within 18 months and work towards building the experience needed for a Financial Controller in the future.
Senior Management Accountant in Birmingham responsibilities:
- Production of the regular monthly management information
- Review of the financial information internally with the Financial Controller
- Complete monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Continual development of the Financial KPIs and Reporting pack
- Manage the month end closure process; prepare, review and post monthly journals as required
- EEC sales lists / VAT reconciliations and submissions
- Prepare analysis of financial information for monitoring reports when required
- Provide the business with the ability to proactively manage and control the overhead costs
- Assist with Budget & Forecasts
- Assist with the preparation of the Group Statutory Accounts
- Assist with the annual financial audits
Senior Management Accountant in Birmingham Package:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- 25 days holiday