£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + 22 days holiday + study support
about 1 month ago
Senior Management Accountant - 6 month FTC
ACCA/CIMA Studying - potentially part qualified level
£45,000 - £50,000 + study support + 22 days holiday (rising with experience) + study support + superb benefits + long term career progression
Wokingham based - Hybrid working (flexible days)
I'm delighted to be supporting our well-respected, award winning, reputable, multi-site, UK property client, to recruit a Senior Management ACCA/CIMA Accountant, to work closely with the wider UK finance team. This role is geared to candidates who are actively studying and are keen to offer some recent management accounting experience, and possibly some financial accounting and general ledger skills, whilst learning new skills also.
You will be able to offer some recent UK finance experience and will be ideally committed to your ACCA or CiMA studies.
This role will be reporting into the UK Finance Manager and you will be responsible for a variety of different operational and strategic accounting tasks, and my client can offer you long term career progression and stability, beyond the 6 months, subject to sign off and performance.
As the Senior Management Accountant, your role will be varied, and your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Be responsible for producing timely and accurate management information in accordance with internal deadlines and in compliance with the Group accounting policies (FRS102).
- Prepare necessary journals to account for revenues and costs (including accruals and prepayments), ensuring all entries are accurately processed through the GL so that Management Accounts are produced and issued in accordance with internal guidelines in appropriate formats.
- Provide insightful analysis and commentary of revenues and costs to Finance, ensuring the accuracy and legitimacy of the accounts.
- Proving accurate and insightful P&L variance analysis;
- Act as a point of contact for finance queries;
- Support the Assistant Finance Manager in providing complete and useful information to the team and stakeholders;
- Support with external Audit requests;
- Support the team in ensuring all processes are efficient and effective;
- Assist in compiling Tax schedules to assist with preparation of Corporation Tax filing and supporting with any Tax queries
- Reconcile Intercompany monthly and working with the team to post journals within the deadlines set. Ensuring that any deferred items to the Balance Sheets are correctly posted in the following month;
- Completion of returns to the Office for National Statistics
- Provide cover for other members of the team as appropriate.
- Other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job and the title of the position that may arise from time to time or as required by management
The successful Senior Management Accountant is likely to have the following profile:
- Available at short notice to commence this role
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Excellent IT skills - Experience of Microsoft suite of products, Word, Excel etc. (to include Pivot tables, Lookups, and Sumifs formulas
- Attention to detail, whilst retaining site of the bigger picture
- Must be proactive
- Strong Team Player
- Keen to learn and improve processes.
- Experience of multi-site businesses with high volumes of data and cost centres.
- Knowledge of Divisional or Regional or Branch accounting.
- ACCA or CIMA early stages or part qualified
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade C or above)
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Potentially had experience of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Knowledge of property market and associated services (preferable but not essential)
- Experience of working in a sales orientated industry
- AAT Qualified (potentially but not essential)
This is a superb Wokingham based Senior Management Accountant - 6 month FTC role, where every day is different and you will be working with a supportive, highly drive, motivated team. Flexible working, hybrid working and also full study support on offer. There are also opportunities beyond the initial 6 months for this candidate to be extended into.
Please do get in touch for further details of this newly created role.