Our client, a global household name, are looking to expand their maintenance department in their automated distribution warehouse. We are looking for a Lead Maintenance Technician to be responsible for fixing, maintaining, and improving their equipment on site to make sure everything is working as it should at all times.
You will be responsible for leading the maintenance team as required to ensure the smooth running of the site infrastructure and manage the on-site CMMS system recording downtime, inventory, and PPM's.
What you'll do:
- Complete planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on plant and equipment
- Record completed PPMs within the maintenance manual and CMMS system.
- Identify any defects that arise whilst completing the PPMs and undertake rectifications, including recording of actions taken within the maintenance manual and CMMS system
- Complete minor structural and electrical improvement works
- Breakdown response
- Continually provide reactive support when required, to a high standard and within given timescale
- Supervise contractors ensuring works are completed in accordance with specification. Report any issues with contractors to maintenance manager
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements of the site at all times
- Be available on call for any emergency issues on a rota basis
- Work proactively to manage task volumes in conjunction with both the Facilities and Maintenance Manager, providing regular updates on task status.
- Identify problems with plant including efficiency and determine rectification measures
- Support with operational projects on an adhoc basis
- Equipment you will be responsible for will include; conveying systems with label applicators scanners, Thermoforming equipment, refrigeration plant (CO2), hi-speed roller doors, dock levellers, lighting, plumbing, access control, MHE and other electrical equipment, racking, comfort cooling, waste compactors and waste conveyors
- Monitor and control annual leave and sickness of maintenance technicians
- Ensure COVID dividers are maintained and repaired/replaced when and where required including movement of any dividers as instructed.
- Provide regular feedback to maintenance manager on defects, outstanding issues and PPM via CMMS reports
- Flag low stock levels to ensure inventory stays within min-max levels.
- Ensure the team are regularly checking and replacing any pick to light buttons for production.
- Previous experience leading a team or a mentoring role
- You will have some commercial mechanical or maintenance experience
- You will have the ability to work alone and work methodically to fault find
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and think independently
- Be available to be on a callout rota
- Desirable; Knowledge of PLCs, conveyors, sensors, pneumatics, and belts, IPAF training, MHE training, background in refrigeration maintenance
- Desirable: Time served apprentice or equivalent in electrical/mechanical discipline. 18th edition wiring regulations
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV to find out more! Alternatively, you can email to arrange a confidential discussion!
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.