Senior Interim Accounts Payable Specialist
London based - near Waterloo / Chancery Lane Tube / Holborn Tube
£20 - £25ph
Hybrid working - 2 days in the office, 3 at home
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be actively seeking and urgently seeking an experienced Interim Senior Accounts Payable Specialist, due to a back-log of invoices, and imminent systems upgrade for one of our key multi-national media clients. This role will work closely with the AP Manager and the AP Team of 4 and likely to be for around 5-6 months, subject to workloads.
You will ideally be immediately available and be able offer suitable, similar, and recent AP experience (from the UK) and be supportive and confident in processing invoices as well as coping with various changes of systems, back-logs of work and various process improvements. The AP ledger covers their International Suppliers, however, this role will purely focus on the UK Accounts Payable Ledger. Previous experience of working in a fast-pace, multi-site business will be very beneficial.
The successful Interim Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will report to the AP Manager and you will be responsible for:
- Processing a large backlog of overdue invoices (manual and computerised)
- Navigating various system issues, as the company moves from outsourcing their AP, to in-house
- Statement reconciliations
- Compile payment runs for approval and use of online banking system to generate payments
- Ensure all key supplier accounts are fully reconciled on a regular basis and any queries resolved
- Ensure all such payments are properly recorded in the Finance ERP System
- Ensure that all AP generated transactions are posted to the bank accounts in a timely fashion and completed according to the month end timetable in order that the Cash & Banking team can complete bank reconciliations
- Investigation of any purchase order issues
- Work with colleagues throughout the business to ensure problems are understood and resolved
- Ad-hoc duties that are required within the AP Team and to cover where needed
- Systems: Excel. Business Central and various in-house systems
Please do get in touch for a full job spec and for further details. My client can interview at very short notice and can offer an immediate start. You will ideally be an experienced AP expert and have previously worked with backlogs of invoices and changes in policies and procedures and various systems implementations and be able to tackle anything thrown at you!