My client, a market leader in their industry, are currently looking for a Senior HR Coordinator to support the operational people team and deliver a first-class service. The role is based on the outskirts of Birmingham City Centre and it would be beneficial if the candidate drives.
As the successful Senior HR Coordinator, you will lead the People Support Team on a day to day basis, managing the first line queries for all administrative and contractual enquiries. You will deal with all requests quickly, either by yourself or escalating to the appropriate member of the team.
The role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved in projects to support your development, such as attending the business meetings to take minutes, attend disciplinary and grievance meetings, or helping on strategic initiatives.
Key task and responsibilities:
- Team lead and supervise the HR Admin team, allocating tasks and dealing with complex queries
- Provide a first line support service for all enquiries into the People team, by taking the lead on the shared inbox, escalating matters as appropriate.
- Run and deliver reports according to business needs in order to monitor HR activity.
- Support with ad-hoc project work, aiding the continuous development of processes, in order to improve efficiencies and deliver a service in line with business needs and best practice.
- Co-ordinate and take ownership of recruitment administration and the full employee life cycle
- Collation and administration of the monthly employee payroll and liaison with the external payroll provider in order to deliver a robust and efficient service
- Ensure a comprehensive understanding of all the people policies & procedures and advise employees and managers as appropriate
Key Required Skills/Competencies:
- Great communication skills - written and verbal
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and resilient
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience of using HR databases and running reports
- Ability to balance sometimes conflicting demands and workloads
- Evidence of a HR administration background
- Experience in people management is not required but you must have a desire to take the lead and challenge when needed
- Have experience in giving first line response to a variety of people across a business
- Exposure to working in busy environments with lots of challenging priorities
- Familiar with payroll processes
- Experience in dealing with the full employee life cycle
- Confident in multitasking