Wolverhampton, West Midlands
4 months ago
My client, a growing manufacturing business, are currently looking for a standalone Senior HR Advisor to embed HR into their newly acquired site in Wolverhampton.
In this standalone Senior HR Advisor role, you will play a pivotal part to support and drive greater business performance through the effective implementation of operational HR support. You will report into the UK HR Manager who covers all sites within the UK.
This is a generalist, operational HR role partnering throughout all disciplines, providing generalist support on all areas of HR activity to drive continuous improvement on HR Practices both operational and strategic.
- To coach, mentor, challenge and support line managers to develop and deliver their people plans
- Managing all HR Administration such as new starters, leavers and creating reports in conjunction with Payroll and Finance.
- Support and guidance to managers for employee relations cases
- Provide line manager coaching on all ER matters including absence management, performance management disciplinary, grievance
- Guidance and support in respect of maternity, paternity and parental leave
- Update policy and procedures recommending appropriate policy and handbook changes where needed in line with current legislation
- Provide leadership across Change Management practices to ensure successful deployment of organisational change where required.
- Manage all recruitment activity including writing job descriptions, advertising, shortlisting and interview activity
- Management of all HR administration and personnel files
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of working in a HR standalone role
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate an up to date knowledge of employment law
- Knowledge of HR database and Time and attendance system
- Familiar with payroll processes
- PC skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, mail merge experience
- CIPD or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- Coaching/providing feedback
- Communication - clear and concise written and verbal
- Performance management
- Equal opportunities understanding
- Recruitment/interview skills
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Understanding of health and safety obligations
- Experience within the manufacturing industry would be beneficial