£33000 - £35000 per annum
7 months ago
My client, a fantastic market leading Logistics business, who are going through a great period of growth and transformation are looking for an experienced Senior HR Advisor to join their HR team. The business operates across the UK and are a competitive player in their industry.
The successful Senior HR Advisor will operate under the HR manager and help to provide support for the day to day management of tasks throughout the department. You will be exposed to a very busy and demanding work environment and the business is looking for someone who can take responsibility for the department, oversee/manage a small team and supervise the recruitment process.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a Senior HR Advisor role dealing with a very fast paced workload. You will be able to organise your own workload and have excellent attention to detail. With the company going through such a transformation piece the ideal candidate will have an appetite to succeed and champion this throughout the business.
As the successful Senior HR Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of tasks within the Department.
- Act as a point of escalation for the Team and Managers.
- Own and manage the full Recruitment & Selection process for FLM vacancies (including job advertising, liaising with Agencies, short-listing candidates, telephone screening, interview invitation letters, interviewing, candidate selection, declining unsuccessful candidate and providing feedback, offering successful candidates, co-ordinating pre-employment medical screening, issuing employment offers, new starter packs and contracts of employment, conducting proof of right to work checks and requesting references).
- Oversee performance management across site
- Oversee sickness absence management across site, including the relation with Occupational Health, employee referrals and rehabilitation's programmes.
- Support in formal meeting relating to grievance, discipline, performance, sickness and absence.
- Provide Managers/Employees with complex advise/support in relation to policies, procedures, legislation
- Support the HRM in Training & Development initiatives including; 1:1's Skill Matrices, PDP's
- Support the HRM in driving employee relations/initiatives including; Attraction, Retention, Company Benefits, Reward & Recognition, Staff Inductions, Training & Development.
- Support the HRM in driving local initiatives and agenda (in line with the Business Plan)
- Driving continuous improvement in day-to-day practices and processes - Documentation, Paperwork, Processes
- Own company people policies and recommend changes / updates in line with changing legislation.
- Advise on employment relation queries from managers and employees in line with company policies/procedures/processes.
- Produce monthly departmental KPI's and chair meetings. Discuss recommendation and continuous improvement opportunities with the HRM
- Oversee the local HR Business Plan projects and support other departmental projects as required.
- Identify improvements in work processes, promoting continuous improvement. Raise suggestions for improvement with HRM.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as instructed by the HRM or Management Team.
It would be highly beneficial for you to be:
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- A strong communicator verbally and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Confidence in building relationships.
- Commercially and practically minded with a hands on approach.
- At least Level 5 CIPD qualified or suitable experience.