Senior Highways Engineer - Manchester
My client has asked me to help out in their search for a Senior Highways Engineer this is an important operational and career development position in their business, with key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design including buildability and value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction works on site as part of a team.
· Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
· Supervising and monitoring works on site, making valuations for payment assessments, chairing, and managing progress meetings.
· Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering.
· Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
What the successful engineer will look like:
· A Bachelors or master's degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
· You will hold an extensive amount of post qualification experience in the design, implementation, and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
· Civils3D experience most importantly.
· Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes, and Codes of Practice.
What's in it for you?
· A competitive basic salary
· 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
· The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for the business's charity partners or a cause of your choice.
· Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
· Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology.
· Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
Interested in a chat?
If you are interested in the above role forward your CV onto me - and I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as I can.