West Midlands, England
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Bonus, Pension
27 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a high growth private equity owned manufacturing group in the recruitment of a Senior Group Accountant.
The business in question operates and serves customers internationally, generating revenues of c.£500m and with a growing demand in their primary markets for energy efficiency, environmental protection and sustainability it's a very exciting time to join them on this journey of expansion and becoming a true market leader.
This position will be reporting into Group Reporting Manager and supporting wider the Group Consolidation and Reporting Team in ensuring that the consolidated financial performance of the business is reported in a timely and accurate manner, providing information key to the decision making across the business and to external stakeholders, while meeting the requirements set by accounting standards (IFRS).
- Involvement in day-to-day communication with Legal Entities of the Group (c. 60), sending instructions, handling queries and raising enquiries on the financial submissions received
- Collation and review of month end accounts reports, and other periodical reports submitted by the Legal Entities, to ensure both that the month end process runs smoothly and that numbers are properly checked and validated, to ensure a reliable basis for consolidation.
- Support in preparation of the monthly consolidated reports.
- Support in the preparation of reports and commentary to the financial information described above, for the Directors of the Group as well as for the PE owner.
- Expertise in specific areas of the IFRS financial reporting, to provide dedicated support and insight to the group Legal Entities.
- Become a super user in the consolidation tool, maintaining and administering the structure and data, and delivering training to other users (both at Group and Legal Entity level) when required.
- Support the Reporting Manager and the Director of Consolidating and Reporting in creating, maintain and enforce policies, procedures, and governance to meet compliance requirements set by Group, and to support the achievement of financial targets and objectives set by Group senior management.
- Assist the Group Reporting Manager in driving a continuous improvement in financial reporting processes aimed at increasing the overall quality of the financial reporting process (i.e. standardisation, efficiency and accuracy)
- Assist in the realisation of ad hoc projects and promote continuous improvements activities.
- Act as deputy of the Group Reporting Manager, providing cover during absences and as needed.
This superb opportunity would be best suited to a Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with up to 5 years PQE in industry, robust knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and experience with consolidated financial statements, resulting from roles at a Group reporting level.
This is a hybrid role, predominantly working from home but flexibility from the successful candidate is required to occasionally travel to office locations (within the UK) and availability to travel to the German HQ (you will have clear notice of any travel requirements, the cost of which will be fully covered).