Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Bonus, Car, Pension
6 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with one of our long term clients who are recruiting for a Senior Group Financial Accountant to join a head office function based just outside of Birmingham.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a first time mover from practice (ACA) who is currently working with a Big 4 or top 10 firm. The ideal candidate will have a background in Audit and have good experience of dealing with large complex clients.
Senior Group Financial Accountant Duties: Birmingham, £45,000
- Preparing and delivering of group financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, and being a key point of contact for queries
- Consolidation of business units and preparing monthly management accounts and the annual budget for the Board
- Responsibility for month end journals and reconciliations in respect of "below the line" and exceptional/one-off items
- Key point of contact for auditors on a quarterly and year end basis, and preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Playing a key role in the implementation of new accounting standards
- Being a key source of financial reporting 'expertise' for the business, and supporting the operational finance teams with any specific queries (both domestic & overseas)
- Supporting the Group Reporting Manager with ad hoc projects and requests (e.g. annual impairment review and M&A activity)
- Periodic cash flow forecasting and ensuring the business is compliant with banking covenants
- Working to develop and maintain a robust set of financial controls, and drive process improvement initiatives and reporting enhancements
- Preparation of ad hoc external returns such as Office for National Statistics returns
- Ensuring the integrity of the ledgers in relation to the company structure, and chart of accounts management
Experience/Skills, Senior Group Financial Accountant, Birmingham, £45,000
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Qualified accountant (ACA)
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards
- Willingness to adapt to constantly changing business requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment.
- Strong IT capability.
This really is a great opportunity to join one of the regions top finance teams in a role that offers true progression and exposure. They have a clear demonstrable track record of taking first time movers and progressing them through the business.
For more info please do get in touch