Solihull, West Midlands
2 months ago
Senior Financial Reporting Manager - Solihull - 75 - 85k + Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a rapidly growing organisation in Solihull to recruit a Senior Financial Reporting Manager. The purpose of the role is to lead the finance team and be responsible for the weekly, period-end accounting and financial reporting. The role will have 2 direct reports initially, however, the long-term objective for this role is to step into the Head of Reporting in 12 - 18 months and lead a wider team which will include a large transactional finance team.
The business has grown over the years through acquisition and are now seen as a leading service provider. The role will report directly into an experienced Head of Reporting, who is looking for a confident individual to lead the reporting process and ensure the finance function is stable, but also constantly look for areas of improvement. The business has a solid foundation and a good team already in place, however, there is now a need to make improvements to the monthly reporting, improve processes across the entire finance function and need an ambitious individual who enjoys an ever-changing environment where decisions are made quickly with the support of a strong leadership team.
The right person for this role will need to be ACA/ACCA qualified with a wealth of experience in a reporting focused role and possess gravitas and leadership skills to lead a large team in the near future.
The Senior Financial Reporting Manager in Solihull's responsibilities include:
- Control the day-to-day financial operations within the Business
- Responsibility for continuous improvement in the finance team, covering areas such as efficiency and quality of output to ensure that finance is seen as an outstanding support service
- To adapt the activities of the finance team to best support the business operations, including adoption of technology to support that delivery
- Management of team activities to ensure efficient working and the meeting of all reporting timetables in place at that time
- Oversight of all regulatory returns, such as VAT, Corporation Tax and statutory accounts
- Present the balance sheet reviews to the wider group
- Timely communication of finance outputs
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- To manage the day-to-day contact with external auditors and other advisors, ensuring that all statutory filings are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the relevant structures, processes, and systems evolve pragmatically as the company expands
- With an ambitious target to keep growing the company, we would also expect this role to grow to manage the increasing scale and complexity.
The right person for the Senior Financial Reporting Manager role will be:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Line management experience
- Strong management and stat accounts knowledge with a hands-on mindset
- Continuously looking for where process improvements can be made
Senior Financial Reporting Manager Package on offer:
- £75,000 - £85,000
- 25 days holiday
- Private medical
- Hybrid working