Senior Financial Planning Analyst
about 1 year ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a high-growth Fintech business in Herefordshire, who are on the lookout for a Senior Financial Planning Analyst. Our client is adding a number of new faces to the department, due to a number of recent successes and sustained growth, with big plans to more than double their turnover in the next 5 years. You'll play a key part in the growth of the business and shaping the financial strategy.
This business area a big advocate for flexible working. You'll be able to take advantage of working from home 2 days a week.
You'll have proven experience in delivering expert forecasts and financial analysis, which assist the decision-making process across the organisation.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Financial Planning Analyst role:
- Drive development and delivery of the finance data pipelines and data quality from existing ERP systems globally to the central FP&A CoE information systems so that the workstreams have access to the right data and are able to efficiently support their finance business partners' requirements.
- Develop an effective and efficient data management strategy (underpinned by SAP HANA) to support and continuously improve FP&A activity and S/4 is deployed.
- Lead a team of Data analysts that design, innovate and standardise data pipelines (including tools and methods) to be able to efficiently provide access to the data that supports all FP&A capabilities and activity, working with other FP&A teams to clarify and confirm data requirements.
- Understand data quality issues affecting FP&A performance and promote the importance of data quality across Finance, working with other OUP functions as required.
- Part of FP&A Leadership team responsible for managing FP&A's performance, resources and outputs to finance business partners and other key stakeholders
- Coach team members in development opportunities required to develop as a Finance professional.
- Advise the wider Finance function on escalations or queries relating to financial controls, risk management and internal audit activity involving finance FP&A data processes.
The following experience is required for this Senior Financial Planning Analyst position:
- You must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with proven post qualified experience
- Previous commercial experience including business planning and analysis
- Previous experience of working with non-finance managers
- Experience of analysing complex business information and communicating it to management
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated self-starter; ability to initiate and manage work autonomously with minimal supervision