£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + Bonus
2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is supporting a PLC in Warwickshire to recruit a Senior Financial Control Manager. The Senior Financial Control Manager will be responsible for working with business partners to develop and mature internal control procedures. This will involve working with functional management to ensure that controls have been designed and are operating effectively and that formal documented evidence is retained to support compliance audit procedures.
There is a new leadership team in place who require an ambitious Accountant with a wealth of SOX experience who is now looking for a new challenge to improve and implement new framework within a large International business. High achievers have progressed into other areas of the finance team with opportunities in Reporting, Commercial Finance, and FP&A.
The right person for the role will need to be a Qualified Accountant (ACA) with experience in an audit or controls focused role. SOX experience is essential. First movers from practice will also be considered.
Package on offer is between £70,000 - £80,000 + Bonus
Financial Controls Manager Responsibilities include:
- Working with the Finance Management team to develop effective internal controls over financial reporting to include:
- Performing risk assessment of the internal controls over financial reporting
- Identifying and mitigating gaps in internal control and driving process efficiency
- Creation of documented procedures, process flows and controls
- Deployment of a global quarterly key financial controls self-assessment program
- Working with IT and the ERP implementation team to lead internal control activities related to key financial systems.
- Actively seek standardisation and automation through efficient use of financial systems.
- Preparation of Internal Control Risk Assessments.
- Evaluating, reporting, and resolving control deficiencies to ensure the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Acting as an Internal Control champion for the wider business providing second line of assurance advisory support and creating an internal control compliance culture within the business.
- Leading functional internal control improvement initiatives.
- Assisting the IT function with user access provisioning controls, including access control management and segregation of duties.
- Definition and maintenance of segregation of duties in key financial reporting and control areas.
- Keeping up to date with emerging regulations regarding Internal Control
- Liaise with the external auditor to remediate identified control deficiencies during the external audit.
- Liaise with the Internal Audit team to identify internal control issues arising from their work.
- Identify opportunities for controls automation, rationalisation and enhanced centralised monitoring and reporting.