Senior Financial Accounting Manager
Charity / Membership sector
London (Hybrid 2/3 office/wfh)
£45,000 - £55,000 + benefit
The role of the Senior Financial Accounting Manager, reporting into the Financial Director. Working within a busy, friendly environment (currently 8 in UK) in establishing best pracive finance operations and reporting across the global business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the month-end reporting process across the three entities. This will include review of the subsidiary accounts (Americas and APAC) as well as working with the UK Finance team to pull together the UK accounts to a fixed month-end timetable. Working closely with the Finance Director this role will have key input in ensuring that the management accounts drive business decision making and provide greater transparency of financial performance.
- Drive the continual development of NetSuite finance system that was put in place 1st August 2020. Working alongside the Finance Director and external suppliers, this role will ensure that the charity gets maximum value from NetSuite through developing reporting capabilities, automating manual processes and developing links with third party software as required.
- The charity is currently undergoing a period of transformational change with regards its internal systems and processes. As such, this role will work closely with IT and Projects teams to ensure that Finance requirements and needs are taken into consideration when developing integrations with other systems.
- Assist the Finance Director in preparation of the consolidated annual accounts to ensure that they comply with the Charity SORP. This will include close liaison with the external auditors and ensuring that appropriate accounting adjustments are made.
- Assist the Finance Director in the preparation of the annual budget. Work closely with all budget holders to prepare their submissions and provide a consolidated view of the budget for review by CEO and Trustees
- Work with the Finance team to document procedures and processes across the Finance function. Establish a generic format for procedural documentation and work closely with finance team to ensure that all core processes are captured. Due to the transformative change that WSET is under-going this will cover existing as well as new processes.
- Oversee the core responsibilities of the Financial Accounting Manager including preparation and submission of quarterly VAT Returns, annual Corporation Tax Return, Fixed Asset Management, Balance Sheet reconciliations and Property.
- Line management of the Financial Accounting Manager including responsibility for objective setting and regular appraisal.
- Provide support to the whole Finance team on areas of technical financial accounting.
- Part or fully qualified in a recognised accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent.
- Educated to Degree level with relevant accounting experience (preferably within industry but could be first role outside of practice).
- Experience of working in or with the SME sector.
- Strong communication skills when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 platform required, including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, OneNote, and Planner.
- Experience of working with NetSuite accounting software.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM software.
- Experience of working in or with the Charity sector.
- Exposure to Multi-currency financials.
- Experience of working within an international business environment.