Our client is an established international pharma client utilising leading technology to deliver innovative patient therapies to improve quality of life.
This is a key position, reporting into the Financial Controller.
Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure the companies monthly financial reporting processes are achieved in a timely and accurate manner, including but not limited to:
- Co-ordinate the monthly/annual accounting close ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness and compliance with corporate policy
- Preparation of stock valuation, and necessary stock provisions, ensuring early identification of stock risks
- Monitoring of goods received not invoiced account ensuring timely reconciliation
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments
- Maintenance of tangible and intangible asset registers
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances
- Processing of timesheets for R&D
- Participate strongly in financial reviews, challenging and providing commentary on significant transactions and variances
- Preparation of group submissions, including management notes, annotation and commercial analysis
- Preparation of robust balance sheet reconciliations ensuring that all carrying balances are adequately supported
- Provision of information requested by the statutory auditors in accordance with agreed group deadlines
- Ensuring statutory reporting obligations are correctly recorded, reconciled, authorised and submitted in a timely manner:
Statutory Reporting / Compliance
- Preparation of VAT returns, ensuring all information is correctly recorded, reconciled and submitted in a timely manner
- Reconciliation of disclosure of payments to Health Care Professionals with financial accounts
- Preparation of Office for National Statistics returns
- Preparation of the statutory accounts
- Provide information required for the preparation of the Corporation Tax returns
- Preparation of the P11d and PSA returns
- Responsible for working in accordance with our compliance procedures, legislation and regulatory requirements at all times.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.)
- Experience of working consistently to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining high level of accuracy
- Challenging and analytical in nature, confident to challenge until underlying reasons are identified
- Ability to work as a member of a team and as an individual
- Able to provide meaningful analysis of data using Excel, able to utilise pivot tables and macros where appropriate.
- SAP experience