Coventry, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + benefits
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Coventry in search of a Senior Financial Accountant. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded financial accountant to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Senior Financial Accountant you will report into the head of the department and is responsible for the following:
- Coordination and production of the P&L, balance sheet, cash flow statements and other supporting schedules as part of the month end, half year and year end close. This will be required under both FRS101 and IFRS
- Preparation of the bi-annual statutory reporting disclosures and liaison with our external auditors.
- Opportunity to assist with the preparation of statutory accounts at year end.
- Reconciliation and review of key P&L, balance sheet and cash flow areas.
- Coordination and production of corporation tax analysis of group companies.
- Consolidate and manage actions relating to accounting issues across teams.
- Coordination and production of process improvement activities as part of the monthly close process.
- The role will be a pivotal system user and will have to operate across Finance accounting systems.
- The role will work closely with the Group Financial Reporting team and will support the overall team objectives through the year.
- Management of 3 members of staff - Financial Accountants.
The ideal candidate for this role may have already acted as a Senior Financial Accountant previously, or is ready to make their second move following a move from practice to industry:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary of £45,000/50,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!