£58737.00 - £65000 per annum + 20% bonus + bens
4 months ago
Our client has a clear blueprint to drive the UK's low carbon agenda. The position is based within a rapidly expanding finance team and therefore provides the opportunity to shape and deliver excellence of financial reporting.
The Senior Financial Accountant will manage the statutory reporting for both P&L and balance sheet, with a view to report accurate and timely statutory information.
Working closely with the finance team, wider business and auditors to co-ordinate and project manage the month end and year end processes.
You will be a fully qualified accountant ideally with a background from a complex matrix business with aspirations to both develop your skillset and have ambitions for future growth.
- Working with the wider team to manage and communicate the deadlines and lead the month end reporting process.
- Review and confirm the intercompany transactions and ensure these are reflected in the correct place along with preparing accruals, prepayments and other journals as required.
- Review the month end results (Statutory) and process any adjustment journals, as required.
- Prepare the statutory income statement and statement of financial position, KPI tracker and other slides (as required) with relevant commentary for the Board pack, that identifies the key drivers for variances.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner. This will include the preparation of some account reconciliations, but also reviewing and ensuring the full complement of reconciliations are done in a timely manner to the right level of detail by the Finance team.
- Create, communicate and manage the year-end timetable within Finance and other impacted business areas.
- Lead the interim and year end audit and assurance activities, as the main point of contact for the external auditor.
- Co-ordinate audit evidence/ samples and enquiries with the wider business contacts and review to ensure deliverables are on time and good quality.
- Support preparation of the year-end financial statements and notes to the accounts.
- Support the control environment and suggest improvements to processes and controls where possible, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Prepare accounting papers for presentation at the Audit & Risk Committee and the Board as required.
- Support with planned systems upgrades and finance transformation as required.
- Review and update formal finance process and policy documents as needed.
- Create a set of Technical Accounting Policies for DCC (some of these exist already, but we would like one consolidated manual)
Skills and Experiences Essential
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Experience of month-end process and variance reporting
- Experience of preparing accounts under IFRS with a keen technical accounting interest
- Experience of managing audits
- Strong communicator and team member, who is pro-active and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Skills and Experiences Desirable
- Experience of working with large data sets
Previous use of SAP accounting software