City of London, London
£50000.00 - £56000.00 per annum + Bonus & Car
11 months ago
Smart DCC believes in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. Smart are a relatively young company with a very mature assignment. What they will do will enable innovators to provide smart solutions for the future. It has never been done anywhere in the world.
This is an exciting time to join the business. Their universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and businesses. That'll make it the largest network in Britain. As the business has grown, the scope of what they do is reaching much further than what Smart DCC was originally established to deliver.
With the growth, a number of opportunities have arisen for innovative and professional candidates. We are looking for people who will push themselves to the best. If you are looking for a high growth business that is fast paced and you thrive in an environment of change, Smart DCC will be for you.
The business values its people and celebrate their diversity.
As a subsidiary of a FTSE 250 company The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for divisional reporting to its parent company with a view to report accurate and timely information.
This role will lead the forecasting, recognition and reporting and be the main point of contact for all divisional and group queries.
- Manage the accounting for actuals for the relevant cost centres within SAP and Axiom software systems.
- Report to division on actuals vs. business plan and forecasts (for both P&L and balance sheet) and add meaningful commentary on variances.
- Develop and maintain the risks and opportunities against forecast for half 1 and outturn, working with the regulation and regulatory finance teams.
- Review the half 1 and outturn results based on actual performance in the month and reforecast as required (P&L, balance sheet and cashflow).
- Ensure all cost recovery is recognised and billed in the appropriate month
Other tasks and reporting
Additional reporting is required at quarter end, half year and year end, including the following:
- Preparation of quarterly lifetime contact review and presentation for Group
- Liaise with DCC operations team to collate data on the research and development claim annually.
- Manage the year end audit of the intragroup ledger (no statutory accounts preparation required in this role, but our divisional results are audited as part of the Group audit).
- Prepare the annual 3-year business plan for intragroup cost, revenue, profit and cash. Along with clear assumptions and associated risk and opportunities.
- Support with planned systems updates, continuous improvement and wider transformation projects.
- Support the control environment and suggest improvements to processes and controls where possible. Including bi-annual submissions to evidence how we comply with the control framework.
- Review and update formal process and policy documents on a regular basis
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Experience of month-end process and variance reporting as well as forecasting and business planning
- Experience of divisional/group reporting requirements
- Experience of managing audits
- Experience of working with large data sets
- Previous use of SAP and Axiom accounting software
Strong communicator and team member, who is pro-active and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment