Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
17 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently supporting a well known national Utilities business that a recruiting for a qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA) to join the business as a Senior Financial Accountant. The role offers great progression opportunities as well as flexible working. The role is is based within a large division of a FTSE 100 listed group
Senior Financial Accountant, Manchester, £55,000
- Manage the accounting for actuals for the relevant cost centres within SAP and Axiom software systems.
- Report to division on actuals vs. business plan and forecasts (for both P&L and balance sheet) and add meaningful commentary on variances.
- Develop and maintain the risks and opportunities against forecast, working with the regulation and regulatory finance teams.
- Review the half 1 and outturn results based on actual performance in the month and reforecast as required (P&L, balance sheet and cashflow).
- Ensure all cost recovery is recognised and billed in the appropriate month.
- Preparation of quarterly lifetime contact review and presentation for the plc.
- Liaise with operations team to collate data on the research and development claim annually.
- Manage the year end audit of the intragroup ledger (no statutory accounts preparation required in this role, but our divisional results are audited as part of the Group audit).
- Prepare the annual 3-year business plan for intragroup cost, revenue, profit and cash. Along with clear assumptions and associated risk and opportunities.
- Support with planned systems updates, continuous improvement and wider transformation projects.
- Support the control environment and suggest improvements to processes and controls where possible. Including bi-annual submissions to evidence how we comply with the control framework.
Experience, Senior Financial Accountant, Manchester
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Experience of month-end process and variance reporting as well as forecasting and business planning
- Experience of divisional/group reporting requirements
- Experience of managing audits
- Strong communicator and team member, who is pro-active and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
For more info on this fantastic role please do get in touch