City of London, London
£50000.00 - £56000.00 per annum + Bonus & Car
3 months ago
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for divisional reporting to its parent company with a view to report accurate and timely information.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a subsidiary of a leading FTSE 250 and excellent career and professional development opportunities.
This role will lead the forecasting, recognition and reporting and be the main point of contact for all divisional and group queries.
- Manage the accounting for actuals for the relevant cost centres within SAP and Axiom software systems.
- Report to division on actuals vs. business plan and forecasts (for both P&L and balance sheet) and add meaningful commentary on variances.
- Develop and maintain the risks and opportunities against forecast for half 1 and outturn, working with the regulation and regulatory finance teams.
- Review the half 1 and outturn results based on actual performance in the month and reforecast as required (P&L, balance sheet and cashflow).
Ensure all cost recovery is recognised and billed in the appropriate month
Other tasks and reporting
Additional reporting is required at quarter end, half year and year end, including the following:
- Preparation of quarterly lifetime contact review and presentation for Group
- Liaise with DCC operations team to collate data on the research and development claim annually.
- Manage the year end audit of the intragroup ledger (no statutory accounts preparation required in this role, but our divisional results are audited as part of the Group audit).
- Prepare the annual 3-year business plan for intragroup cost, revenue, profit and cash. Along with clear assumptions and associated risk and opportunities.
- Support with planned systems updates, continuous improvement and wider transformation projects.
- Support the control environment and suggest improvements to processes and controls where possible. Including bi-annual submissions to evidence how we comply with the control framework.
- Review and update formal process and policy documents on a regular basis
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Experience of month-end process and variance reporting as well as forecasting and business planning
- Experience of divisional/group reporting requirements
- Experience of managing audits
Strong communicator and team member, who is pro-active and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment