Over the past 30 years this business has established an excellent reputation for delivering a wide range of services that have proved capable of meeting the needs of many of the world's best known and most demanding companies.
Taking an innovative approach to adapting the latest digital technology our partner can provide an agile and tailored response to their customer's needs.
Now due to continued organic growth, Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting this brilliant business as they seek to appoint a Senior Finance Manager for a rapidly growing division.
You will take responsibility of all financial matters for the division, consisting of several key strategic contracts. You will be a key member of a strong finance team with a business partnering mentality, working on projects that focus on making finance digital, developing your commercial acumen with the variety and experience gained from managing a diverse customer portfolio and you will also deputise for the Head of Finance.
Your role will involve:
- Leading and managing the team and being responsible for their objectives and development
- Consolidate and report the financials to the Head of Finance and Central Service Centre, on a timely basis for - Weekly and monthly results - Budgeting, forecasting and Corporate Plan
- Fully understand customer accounts and their processes and the interactions those processes have with the financial results
- Clearly articulate to clients the financial costs of their contracts, the root cause of any variances and the implication of any changes
- Lead the Financial Year End process
- Maintain tight financial control, including fully understanding the contractual and commercial arrangements with each client
- Creation, review and presentation of internal and client budgets and forecasts
- Review monthly cashflow forecasts
- Form a strong relationship with the business unit's leadership team, providing challenge, financial support and insights
- Interaction with clients, being able to inspire confidence in budgets / forecast and the reported financial results
- Be the finance lead for all new business and account development, including account retention and strategic growth of the divison
- Proactively improve the financial processes to find ways to streamline reporting
- Preparation and maintenance of up-to-date S&OPs
This role is best suited to a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA) with at least 5 years PQE in either logistics, retail or supply chain environments. You will need to have strong commercial and operational experience with a proven background of delivery. You will have the ability to provide credible support to non-finance areas of the business and the ability to operate at all levels within an organisation from boardroom to shop floor.