We are looking for a progressive qualified accountant looking to step up into a leadership role for a client operating within a highly desirable sector. Fully qualified is essential.
Our client is a multi-site UK based and highly acquisitive Private Equity business based near Reading.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller and leadng a team of 3 direct reports.
The role is responsible for delivery of operational finance and providing other non-project financial reporting for the Group (internal and external to investors). The role is supported by a team of three part-qualified accountants which reports to this role.
This Senior Finance Manager is also responsible for leading the purchasing processes for the Group. The role also has oversight responsibility for payroll process for the Group.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversight and preparation of monthly group and non-project management reporting under IFRS and UK GAAP (FRS101/102), including line management of management accountant to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Preparation of annual platform / holding company budget and monthly variance analysis.
- Leadership of finance aspects of the purchasing processes for the Group, being key finance contact for site teams. This will include leading a team of two finance assistants, plus a temporary contractor, to ensure effective and efficient processes.
- System owner for Sage X3, ensuring fit for purpose and leading system development.
- Oversight of payroll process for the Group, working with outsourced provider and internal People & Culture team to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing.
- Key role in preparation of short-term 6-week cashflow forecasts for the Group as well as oversight of cash monthly actuals reporting.
- Responsibility for delivery of all reporting requirements for investors and senior lenders, including debt and equity drawdowns notices.
- Key role in delivery of annual audit, coordinating information requirements and leading on-site team relationship.
- Line management for a team of three (management accountant and two accounts assistants) plus temporary contract staff as needed, including onboarding, mentoring and performance management.
- Ensure all company secretarial requirements for the Group (exc. Project companies) are completed, working with legal counsel where required.
- Wider support to Finance team and other departments, including project support as required (e.g. debt raising, legal entity restructurings).
- Work collaboratively with managers in other teams to ensure delivery of key targets.