Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Car & Bonus
about 1 year ago
Senior Finance Manager in Birmingham - 60 - 70k + Car & Bonus
Do you enjoy interacting with the commercial and operational teams to provide critical business information and analysis? With the drive and ambition to influence change within an organisation that are lacking support from their operational finance teams?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a large manufacturing organisation in Birmingham who are looking to recruit a Senior Finance Manager with a specific focus of partnering with a operational teams across multiple sites in the midlands. The role is offering complete ownership of the numbers from reviewing the Management Accounts to partnering with a driven Managing Director who is screaming out for support from finance. With such a demanding stake holder the role requires a tough character who isn't afraid of a challenge and possess a strength in challenging and influencing while ensuring a positive service is still provided.
The business is constantly changing, which will require a Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) who is not deterred by a fast paced environment and will thrive in a role where there is not a set routine. The business unit needs someone who has a genuine interest in reviewing the management accounts and then actually using the data available to support the MD in improving processes, reducing costs and identifying areas for business development opportunities.
The finance team is huge and can provide opportunities nationwide in Commercial Finance, FP&A and Financial Reporting in the future.
The right person for the role will need to demonstrate previous experience in a commercial role and have 2 - 3 years of exposure to working closely with the business to drive improvements.
As the Senior Finance Manager in Birmingham you will be involved in:
- Supporting the Commercial Director and Managing Director with ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Validate Direct Sales assumption within business case proposals
- Validate and reconcile monthly budgets and forecasts
- Support the MD with operational spend and constantly look for opportunities to reduce costs
- Carry out reviews with site leadership teams to understand and challenge forecasts
- Prepare monthly production analysis for inclusion in the monthly review presentation
- Communicate financial measures to non-financial stakeholders
- Support the preparation o the monthly management accounts
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by the Finance Director
Senior Finance Manager in Birmingham Package:
- £60,000 - £70,000
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday