Senior Finance Business Partner (Service & Operations x 2)
An opportunity to join a fast growing business with operations throughout the UK with a mission to drive the low carbon agenda across the UK.
We are looking for commercial qualified Financial Business Partners with an innovative and progressive nature to support the business. This will be a fast paced environment and you will be joining at a time of great change.
You will be rewarded with both excellent professional development opportunities within roles that have huge scope to allow progression.
An exceptional opportunity to join this wholly-owned subsidiary of a FTSE 250 company in a permanent high-profile and key strategic position.
As a Finance Business Partner, we are seeking an individual who is ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified (or equivalent) with demonstrable experience engaging and influencing at executive level.
The role will be partnering the senior leaders in the business on both functional and programme lines - ensuring they are receiving financial support in all of their business decisions and future financial outlook.
A truly forward thinking opportunity
- Financial assessment of business activities and projects specific to programmes/functions, including any necessary modelling
- Support and input towards the publication of Charging Statements, Indicative Charging Statements and indicative budgets.
- Work with senior management team in preparation and review of business cases, providing detailed feedback on submission, continuously work towards improving the process
- Provide appropriate level of challenge to senior leaders on cost proposals
- Budgeting and quarterly forecasting of costs and timing of cash outflows
- Manage and report on key risks, issues and opportunities affecting projects and functions that the role supports
- Prepare and deliver accurate month-end/year-end management reporting for functions and projects which this role supports
- Building and operating financial models as appropriate (overseen by Data team)
- Identify and drive improvements/efficiency's in existing processes
- other ad hoc assignments as necessary
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Ability to provide clear analysis of performance drivers
- Demonstrates initiative and takes responsibility for commercial issues, seeing them through to completion
- Track record of implementing change to improve financial processes
- Experience of engaging and influencing at executive level
- Confident in managing demanding stakeholders
- Experience in taking ownership of financial issues under their remit
- Experience of supporting C Suite executives
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Comfortable operating within a complex, matrix environment
- SAP BPC knowledge and the ability to create and develop reports
- Energy, government, technology or telecommunications sector (matrix orgnaisational skills preferred)