£70000 - £85000 per annum
16 days ago
Role Overview - Senior Finance Business Partner - Coventry
Reporting to the Head of Finance, Operations this role will be accountable for delivering high quality financial information and commercial insight to support the delivery of the business plan and operational performance. You will drive a strong business partnering culture, underpinned by healthy challenge and control. The role will focus on designing and embedding a challenging set of cost and performance improvements to be effective for both the near and long term.
- Play a key role in the project to turn around performance, keeping a tight control over project costs and supporting the project team in understanding the drivers of performance.
- Provide accurate, timely analysis and insight on monthly, annual and against targets on outputs and finances and drive action within delivery areas where activity is off track.
- Identify key risks and opportunities to annual performance commitments and work with delivery teams to mitigate risks and capitalise on opportunities.
- Preparation and presentation of reporting to the strategic leadership team, Sub Area boards and other approval bodies.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of all reporting to drive business delivery of strategic objectives.
- Robust challenge of departmental forecasts to ensure credibility and deliverability, challenge of existing practices and identification of opportunities to improve performance and drive efficiencies.
- Interface and build business partnering relationships with all key stakeholders and the wider finance community to develop a long-term business plan.
- Develop a finance team who have the skills, experience and drive to support their operating customers to enable value-based decision making, produce high quality insight and robust financial planning.
- Responsible performance reporting to ensure a full and robust commentary, with supporting analysis.
What you will need
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex information and communicate it in appropriate formats to all levels of management.
- Ability to understand and communicate the broad financial, performance and regulatory framework
- The ability to adopt different influencing styles based on the situation and the ability to influence across all levels.
- A strong team ethos of working together and sharing best practice.
- Business partnering experience at all levels
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments to deliver successful outcomes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to adjust the message accordingly to fit the audience.
What's on offer
- Up to £80,000 Base Salary
- Car Allowance of £5,200
- Up to 20% bonus
- Pension 2 x personal contribution up to 15%
- 31 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Additional Benefits