£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Car Allowance, Bonus, Pension
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a well-established FMCG distribution business in the recruitment of a Senior Finance Business Partner position, to join their Senior Management Team based in Oxfordshire.
The business in question operates at a fast pace and requires an experienced, commercially driven, and qualified (ACA/ACCA/ACMA) business partner. Working closely with the Head of Commercial Finance, Group Sales Director, and Group Procurement Director with the financial and commercial elements of their roles.
You will facilitate the accurate reporting of financial information, providing clear visibility of financial and commercial implications of decisions and support in holding the business to account for delivery of sales, margin and pricing targets.
This role will be suited to a candidate based in the West Midlands as our client is offering flexible and hybrid working pattern, with a requirement to travel to two sites based in the UK.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To provide support to the Senior Leadership team in understanding Corporate, Independent, and Contract Distribution sales and margin trends - robustly challenge of the daily, weekly and monthly reporting / KPI's used by management to drive business performance.
- Work with the Procurement Director in developing processes and tracking to better understand end to end cost prices (Delivery of Procurement KPI's including cost of goods inflation, availability).
- Support the Senior management team in understanding customer and product profitability - Robust performance reporting and added value analysis to drive commercial improvements.
- Support the Head of Commercial in developing systems and process to better support pricing pass through (implementation of pricing strategy by channel).
- Engage with key stakeholders in developing systems and process to better support pricing information and the distribution of this information.
- Identify trends, risks and opportunities in sales and margin trends, ensuring that customer patterns, credit note trends, rebates etc are fully understood.
- Develop the Corporate/Independent customer sales and margin budget process. Coordinate the forecasting and annual budgeting process for sales, monitoring performance against budgets on a monthly basis, taking corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure the risks of the purchasing strategy in overseas currencies are fully understood and mitigated where possible.
- Assist in the work to improve the financial evaluation of new and existing customer opportunities.
- Support in controlling the overhead and people cost base for sales and procurement teams.
- Introduce best practise, leveraging expertise from both sister businesses within the wider group
- Line management of a Business Partner and a Finance Associate; motivate through individual performance reviews, supporting development plans where appropriate.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Qualified with 2-4 years PQE (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- The candidate must have proven business partnering experience.
- Demonstrable career history being self-starter in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent MS Excel and database experience.
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with this business on an exclusive basis. If you meet the requirements above and would like to find out more about this fantastic position, please do not hesitate in applying today as this will career opportunity will not be on the market for much longer.