Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000.00 - £70000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Senior Finance Business Partner
Are you looking to join a vibrant, forward-thinking, and all-round fabulous business?
Do you have fantastic analytical, attention to detail and business partnering skills?
Are you looking to work in a supportive environment? If the answer is YES, keep reading!
We have the PERFECT opportunity for you as a Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner within a high growth Birmingham based organisation!
What the Senior Finance Business Partner role involves:
Reporting into the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, you'll own commercial reporting and insights, revenue reporting and prepare, develop, and analyse financial and commercial information for the management team to use when making well-informed decisions, which will help to secure future stability, growth and profitability.
You'll be involved in month-end close, variance analysis and take lead in the creation and presentation of weekly intra-month forecasts.
The role will require using finance business partnering skills with your key customers including Operational Account Managers and leads, Client Services and the finance management team including the CFO.
This role is to look to the future in how we create an efficient cost base, maximise opportunities and identify & manage risks. You'll analyse past performance of the business across multiple customers and advise on how to prevent future problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value.
Responsibilities for the Senior Finance Business Partner include:
- Managing a small team to play a key role in a best-in-class commercial finance function, supporting ambitious company growth plans
- Partnering Heads of Client Operations to support Client specific performance reviews, driving informed commercial decision making and improving financial performance through (but not limited to):
- Using analytics and trends to identify operational drivers for financial variances and being able to use this information to influence Operations in generating efficiencies to create an optimal cost base
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Liaising with other function managers to put finances and accounts in context
- Managing Commercial Finance Business Partner Team to ensure accurate revenue recognition and reporting
- Analysing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning and forecasts
- Supporting Departmental Heads in preparing investment appraisals for business case proposals
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
What will you bring to the role?
- You'll be inquisitive by nature, have an investigative mindset and have the initiative and analytical ability to identify and resolve issues
- You'll get involved in the detail, partner with the operations teams and understand financial variances and the operational drivers behind them to be able to answer the 'So What?' questions
- You'll be independent and have great communication skills to get the best from a situation
- You'll love working with people, interacting with people, and being challenged by people
- You'll take ownership for driving your own performance forward. Ensuring that you have a clear personal development plan in place with your manager and taking advantage of regular 1-1s to improve personal results and your service to our customers
- You'll love learning, and take every opportunity to have feedback and use it to improve
- You'll be organised and able to manage your own time and workload