Oldbury, West Midlands
£60000 - £70000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently supporting a national brand who are looking for a qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA) to join them as Senior Finance Business Partner. The role is based in Oldbury but has lots of flexibility around home working and working hours. The main focus of the role is to partner with the commercial and operational teams to drive profitability and reduce cost.
Key Duties, Senior Finance Business Partner, Oldbury
- Accountable for integrity of reporting, understanding and explanation of operational performance for £270m of Road operations outdoor costs
- Understanding the financial impact of Operational KPI performance, with ability to understand and explain the financial impact of these clearly to senior management.
- Proactively contribute to the strategic direction and decisions of the business area, constructively challenging and influencing to optimise performance.
- Work across the Operations finance team to develop and embed an outdoor cost to serve measure, ensuring clarify of definition and calculation. Use this to ensure operational performance develops such that the cost to serve is minimised and deviations from the forecast level are well understood and explained.
- Understand key Outdoor Operational cost saving/efficiency projects, ensuring benefit delivery is tracked against forecast
- Develop full understanding of financial modelling undertaken for the outdoors cost base. Work with the business to agree and own financial assumptions to be input into any financial forecasts, and understand and track Risks & Opportunities against these forecasts on an ongoing basis
- Drive forward cost efficiency projects, working with the business to ensure accurate benefits calculation, leading to effective decision making
- Be an integral part of the improvement of Road Operations reporting, forecasting and MI to provide both accurate and timely financial information, giving transparency and insight into business performance.
- Act as a deputy where required to the Head of Finance in reporting and understanding the finance view for Road Operations.
- Mentor and lead junior team members to drive forward change and meet the collective team deliverables
- Contribute to the monthly business review packs, for director and exec review meetings, including completion of detailed commentary over cash, balance sheet and EBITDA performance for Outdoors, with all variances explained and understood.
- Pro-actively work with and challenge the business on all aspects of performance
Key Skills & Experience, Senior Finance Business Partner, Oldbury
- Proven experience working in a Senior Business Partnering role in a large, fast-paced, complex organisation
- You will have strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including tenacity, and credibility, to influence, negotiate and communicate at a senior level within the business
- A dynamic, hands-on approach with an eye for detail is essential. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and demonstrate ability to assimilate information and make decisions quickly
- Strong analytical skills, including structured problem solving, modelling, business analysis
- Accurate, thorough and reliable
- Experience of SAP/BPC preferable
- Excellent Microsoft Excel/Office skills
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please do get in touch