- Are you a fully qualified Finance Business Partner who is commercially savvy and is very comfortable both in and out of the finance function?
- Are you looking for a role that can genuinely offer career progression?
- Are you looking to take the step to FD in the future?
- Are you able to work in a fast moving business and deal with ambiguity at times?
Look no further...
I am looking to recruit a Senior Finance Business Partner for a market leading brand based in North Birmingham. This is a fantastic new role that will allow you the autonomy to drive profitability of your own business area and report into a talented FD that you will be able to learn from. This role will offer you progression and will see the right candidate stepping into an FD role within an 18 month period. This exciting, well recognised and financially strong business continues to grow by acquisition and also by adapting quickly to the changing requirements of their loyal customer base.
As the successful Senior Finance Business Partner you will have extremely strong stakeholder management experience, coupled with strong accounting background and the ability to own the P&L for your business area. You will be able to work comfortably in a very fast moving environment, and will be genuinely inquisitive by nature with the ability to find solutions to sometimes complex issues.
The role will see you provide financial support and critical analytical challenge to ensure the organisation achieves the financial targets it has been set whilst being responsible for managing relationships between both Operations and Commercial Finance. You will be working with a dynamic FD as well as the Operations Director for your business area and will have access to a highly talented CFO.
As the Senior Finance Business Partner this role will provide variety and challenge and will allow you to be responsible for driving financial performance of your business area.
To Do This You Will:
- Establish effective relationships with all members of the senior management team and develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and timely delivery of the financial reporting.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities.
- Ensure a robust sales forecast is in place by monitoring and challenging this forecast as well as investigating variances to the plan.
- Ensure the team are providing reporting analysis to explain the underlying variances against budget and forecast.
- Build, manage, track and evaluate investments and promotions to drive profits in line with the expected performance.
- Undertake and drive insightful analysis of all KPI's to monitor and report on the implementation of the overall financial strategy.
- Become a subject matter expert in product and pricing and use this knowledge to assist the Commercial team in optimising activity.
- Commercially evaluate marketing activity, product options and pricing through the preparation of business cases - use these evaluations to assist marketing in driving improved profitability.
- Provide support to the wider finance team and work as part of the team to ensure financial processes and financial accounting are performed to a high standard.
As the successful Senior Finance Business Partner you will be / have :
- A fully qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Strong commercial finance background;
- A strong communicator who is comfortable challenging the status quo;
- A collaborative working style and be a good all round team player who is happy to roll their sleeves up;
- Experienced in the use of ERP accounting systems and have a good grasp of Excel;
- Able to interpret and communicate financial issues to non-finance stakeholders;
- A sense of humour.
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Business Partner:
- Salary of £60K - £70K
- Car allowance of £5,500
- Fun, fast paced environment
- Modern, well equipped offices
- Genuine career progression