Solihull, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a growing organisation that are looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to join their team in Solihull.
The business are growing rapidly and with significant investment, they have no plans on stopping. Due to the current climate they had an initial freeze on all recruitment activity but after an upturn in business and a number of profitable B2B contracts available again, they now urgently need additional support.
This role reports directly into the Commercial Finance Manager who leads a small team that focus there time on supporting the commercial & operational teams with key customer data, providing insight into pricing and promotional activities and deliver accurate data to support operational decision making. There is allot of data available and the Senior Finance Analyst will be crucial in reviewing, providing recommendations and investigating potential risks. The systems in place are in good shape, however, there is a need to posses strong Excel and a willingness to "get your hands dirty" to find areas that can be im proved.
This is seen as a development role which will help the new incumbent understand the business and the role with a view that it will progress as their knowledge grows. There will be a need to constantly engage with the wider business and as the Senior Finance Analyst becomes more comfortable, it will be essential to take ownership of relationships up to Manager level and become their key business partner.
Senior Finance Analyst responsibilities:
- Regular financial reporting and analysis: weekly and monthly reports for management, quarterly forecast reports, annual budget, 5-year plan.
- Driving continual improvement in the finance functions of our businesses and partner with colleagues in the business units on ad-hoc value add projects.
- Create meaningful reports to facilitate value-adding decisions for management.
- Monitoring of both financial and operational performance of the business by tracking appropriate key performance indicators.
- Assist with preparation of key corporate reports including the monthly management accounts and forecasts.
Is the Senior Finance Analyst role right for me?
This is a great opportunity to join an instantly recognisable brand where you will experience working in a fast paced Retail environment and be challenged everyday by commercial stakeholders and the Finance Director on your areas of ownership.
You will need to be Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA or at the final stages with a hunger to progress and clear demonstrable examples of where you have used Excel to drive performance improvements and provided recommendations to wider business.
Senior Finance Analyst Package
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Private Health care