Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to working exclusively for a leading global business, who are seeking a Senior Executive Assistant, to lead an efficient and effective CEO's office. You will be acting as an extension to the CEO's leadership brand and to always protect and enhance this.
- Organise and maintain CEO and CFO diary and make appointments as required for both internal and external meetings; proactively manage all of these details and ever-changing priorities ensuring sufficient preparation time and over run as appropriate;
- Handle all administrative tasks to keep an executive's day moving smoothly and efficiently.
- Arrange travel, as required, for travel within the UK, Europe, and the US;
- Prepare materials for meetings, including research, agendas, and presentations. Attend meetings, take notes/minutes, and follow up with action items on behalf of the CEO;
- Access CEO's emails and prioritise messages and respond on their behalf when possible;
- Have access to highly sensitive information and exercise extreme discretion;
- Prepare communications on the CEO's behalf ensuring an appropriate level of professionalism to reflect the character and brand of the CEO and their communication style.
- Meet and greet visitors (customers/suppliers/colleagues) for the CEO and CFO; ensuring an appropriate welcome on arrival and ensure preparation of meeting room and facilities in advance;
- Ensure all incoming telephone calls, post and e-mails are dealt with professionally and efficiently and any, within remit, handled at source or redirected, as appropriate;
- Organise interviews, away days and training events as requested from time to time - invites, venues, refreshments, data packs;
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, other executive members, US colleagues and other staff to ensure the smooth running of the CEO's and CFO's diary;
- Devise and maintain appropriate office systems for the CEO and his team, including data management and filing and act as the delegated authority for the CEO where approved to do so including expense approval, Workday HR/Payroll approvals etc.;
- Provide administrative support to other Executive Team members of the UK/Europe Leadership Team as agreed;
- Prepare purchase orders as requested by CEO and ensure the prompt processing and payment of any invoices within remit, liaising with the Finance team to ensure all queries are resolved promptly;
- Ensure good working relationships with other support staff group wide (UK, Europe and US) to ensure open dialogue and support in planning the schedules of key senior people;
- Carry out any background research, or specific projects, as may be requested by the CEO or the Exec Team from time to time and present findings in a coherent and structured fashion;
- Any other ad hoc duties and administrative support as may be required from time to time
Key job requirements:
- Proven track record as an Executive Assistant in a professional organisation, with 5 years minimum EA experience at C-Suite level
- Well presented with a professional manner and the ability to deal with customers/suppliers/colleagues both over the phone and face to face;
- Good timekeeper and flexible in approach to work and job requirements;
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure, prioritising tasks and workload and managing conflicting demands;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff across the organisation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Good IT skills covering the core Microsoft products (Word and PowerPoint);
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy of work in particular written word provided by CEO;
- Ability to take minutes, shorthand preferred;
- Ability to plan own work, work on own initiative and meet deadlines;
- High level of confidentiality
This role would suit an experienced Executive Assistant, who prides themselves on attacking tasks with drive, energy and enthusiasm.