Walsall, West Midlands
£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client, a market leader in the design, manufacture, and installation of bespoke control panels, are looking to expand their production department with the addition of a Senior Engineer who will assist in the management of the control panel manufacture and production department.
Reporting to the Engineering manager, the Senior Engineer is to work closely with the Engineering Coordinator to ensure tasks and targets are achieved in a timely manner and will demonstrate a personality that takes accountability for the result. The successful applicant will be conscientious and has a "can do" attitude that will spread to those around them.
- Understanding of design requirements UL508a
- Good understanding of electrical design
- Be able to competently use of a variety of CAD packages.
- Ability to turn customer information into a production engineered solution in a standard format.
- Fully conversant with applicable European design standards including LVD, EMC, EN60204 & associated safety legislation.
- Take an active role in the project management cycle.
- The ability to construct plans with many variables.
- Can demonstrate a proven track record in new product introduction, Electrical, electronic, mechanical design and production engineering.
- Shows energy and enthusiasm in everything they do with clear technical capabilities.
- Shows a personality of "drive & ambition" - but not at the expense of others around them and can help to motivate the team.
- Significant experience or exposure to the automation industry with experience working within control panel design and production.
- Background in Electrical control panels / production engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (HNC or NVQ equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Desirable: Project management experience or formal qualification
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please email to arrange a confidential chat in which you can discuss the role in more detail.