To accept ownership and responsibility for the development of electronic hardware designs and support team members with detailed knowledge of specialist areas including:
- Digital/Analogue/Power Electronics
- PCB Design.
- Design for EMC and Environmental Compliance.
- Design for Safety / Manufacturability / Reliability.
- Microcontroller / DSP Software.
- Generation of product architectures that are capable of meeting the input design requirements.
To lead the verification and validation of product development activities, including:
- Definition of appropriate product validation test strategies
- Definition of appropriate validation test environments and equipment
- Audit of test results and traceability.
- Performance of design reviews.
- To take ownership of engineering activities and outcomes and adopt cross-functional leadership roles including Teambuilding, Professionalism and Responsibility to ensure successful delivery of tasks.
- To liaise directly with customers (including occasional UK and International travel) to understand requirements and determine suitable architectures to enable the generation of technical proposals.
- To play an active role in key projects, including leading planning activities, organisation of tasks and clearly communicating project status information to stakeholders.
- To approach problems/tasks in a flexible, creative, pragmatic and logical manner and effectively communicate engineering concepts.
- To act as a good example, provide assistance and leadership for junior colleagues and apprentices as appropriate, including motivation and empowerment in order to aid their professional development.
- To produce clear and accurate technical writing for an internal engineering audience and support the creation of documentation materials for external customers.
- To consistently exhibit a good attention to detail and thorough approach to all tasks.
- To maintain a professional attitude with internal and external customers in order to provide complete customer satisfaction.
- To share and present information and ideas effectively.
- To provide guidance and support to other departments across the business to ensure a successful outcome.
- To actively work towards the enhancement of technical and business processes along with keeping up to date with latest technologies to maintain and extend own development skills.
- Enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated, flexible and determined to succeed
- Highly motivated towards providing complete customer satisfaction in the generation of world class vibration monitoring products
- To maintain professional skills and to recognise the importance of CPD
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to work independently using initiative and innovation to solve technical problems
- Well organised with the ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Collaborative style, strong communication skills, and an ability to influence without direct authority