West Midlands, England
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting a highly acquisitive US listed firm in the recruitment of an exciting Corporate Development Analyst position.
This is a superb role operating on a remote basis within the UK, working in conjunction with corporate office / business group personnel and third-party advisors. You will be responsible for supporting the Director of Corporate Development in the identification, evaluation, execution, closing, and integration of potential transactions.
This position will also assist the Corporate Finance team with special projects including the assessment of capital expenditure returns, bench marking analysis and the identification of trends in financial data to help predict future results.
While heavy travel is not envisioned in this role, domestic travel will be required from time-to-time and international travel may be required for specific matters on occasion as well.
Ideally you will have significant experience with acquisition assessment, business valuation and performing due diligence in a CF advisory/transaction services firm, investment bank, private equity firm or industry environment.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Assist with all corporate development activities including research and analysis of M&A opportunities, developing business cases in support of transactions and investment recommendations, supporting transaction due diligence, and supporting post-acquisition integration efforts, as needed.
- Develop / maintain financial models and analytics that support the assessment and valuation of acquisition opportunities in collaboration with the senior leadership. These models will include forecasts, DCF analyses, comparable companies and comparable transactions analysis, and accretion / (dilution) analysis.
- Manage workflow and communications with third-party advisors who may be engaged to assist with various aspects of the M&A process.
- Assist with planning and executing all phases of activity which lead to deal closure, including strategic assessment, valuation, due diligence, issue identification, risk allocation, negotiation, and documentation.
- Maintain database of M&A-specific market intelligence and reporting materials; assist business leaders in identifying strategic acquisition targets.
- Ability to communicate the business case to all internal stakeholders and present complex opportunities to senior management in a clear and concise manner with strategic rationale.
- Assist cross functional teams to assess opportunities, complete diligence and arrive at actionable recommendations.
- Coordinate integration team efforts to ensure relevant business area managers are prepared to implement integration plans which address key transaction risks and objectives.
- Determine what information is needed to address a specific matter and how to present this information accurately and thoughtfully so that management can make an informed decision. Data gathering will require reviews and comprehension of company or industry research reports, regulatory filings, and financial statements.
- Assist Corporate Finance with special projects across the group with specific entities but also projects at a group level too.
Key Skills & Qualifications required:
- ACA / ACCA /ACMA Qualified
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite of products Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong competencies in financial modelling, planning, valuation and due diligence