Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Looking for something dynamic, forward-thinking? Passionate about attracting events to the West Midlands?
We are working with the West Midlands Growth Company exclusively, assisting with the hire of a Senior Business Tourism Manager. This is a contract role, which runs until March 2023.
Play a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward. A unique opportunity to work for the region's Investment Promotion Agency, as it leverages the economic opportunities and global profile created by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to attract investment and bring prosperity to the region.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the implementation of the meetings, incentives, conferences and events attraction work stream for the business tourism programme
- Review and refresh the business tourism and major events strategic approach with Local Authority shareholders and industry partners
- Acting as the primary spokesperson for business tourism activity, sporting and major events
- Managing a team of highly experienced and dedicated business and sporting and major event tourism professionals
- Delivering a West Midlands Conference Ambassador Programme - working closely with universities in the region to re-energise, strengthen and promote the academic ambassador programme
- Monitor and reporting of business tourism workstream performance to working groups and board
- Driving the region's destination conferencing proposition to generate and convert leads from national and international association conferences, meetings, incentives, events and exhibitions within the MICE industry
- Extensive experience, with excellent track record, of working with or in the business tourism sector
- Experience of leading a bid team, preparing competitive bids and writing winning tenders
- Experience of successful attendance at relevant sales missions, exhibitions and events and within the travel trade
- In-depth knowledge of the three main buyer segments - associations, corporate and agencies
- Experience of working with Visit Britain
- Strong people management skills, verbal and written communication and to be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Be creative and have an innovative approach.
To apply for the Senior Business Tourism Manager position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.