Birmingham, West Midlands
£58000 - £62000 per annum
4 months ago
Are you a Senior Business Development Manager looking for a new opportunity? Have you experience within the Creative, Digital and Tech space? If so, I am pleased to be supporting the West Midlands Growth Company with their requirement for a Senior Business Development Manager to lead a focused business development and marketing strategy to promote Creative, Digital & Tech inward investment in the region.
As the successful Senior Business Development Manager, you will identify and translate the strengths of, and opportunities within, the West Midlands, into a compelling value proposition to attract job creating investment within the Creative, Digital & Tech sector, from key global and domestic investment markets. You will also take a lead role in account management of strategic businesses specific to the sector across the WMCA geography in collaboration with local partners, with the aim of generating business growth and securing expansion projects.
- Provide consultative support and sector expertise to other teams within the WMGC when they are engaged on projects that contain a Creative, Digital & Tech dimension.
- Identify commercial and revenue generating opportunities for commercial partners of the WMGC, within the Creative, Digital & Tech sector
- Work closely with and influence key stakeholders located within and externally to the region (including Local Authorities, Universities, property developers, industry bodies and other stakeholder groups).
- Work closely with the senior management team at the WMGC to ensure consistent and effective achievement of contract objectives, providing flexible support to ensure the team targets are achieved.
- Forge and develop effective relationships across and between the public and private sectors within Greater Birmingham, the Black Country and Coventry and Warwickshire.
- Undertake planned marketing and lead generation activities both nationally and internationally (trade fairs, exhibitions etc) to showcase the regional WMCA geography offer.
- Take line management responsibility for a team of Business Developers to include; recruitment, communication and engagement, performance management, development and coaching activities.
- Excellent inter-personal and team working skills, and a proven ability to form partnerships, lead, motivate, enthuse and drive individuals.
- Highly developed negotiating skills with the ability to influence investment decisions at the highest level.
- Demonstrable self-starter, capable of thriving in a fluid, results-driven environment.
- Proven line management capability.
- Deep understanding of the Creative, Digital & Tech sector, including an up to date knowledge of key trends and the commercial drivers of organisations within the sector.
- Experience of working in a multi-stakeholder / delivery partner environment.
- Excellent commercial awareness and able to build relationships with senior staff across the private and public sector.
- Significant experience of developing and executing successful business development strategies.
- Knowledge of the structures and roles of relevant public bodies operating within the West Midlands region.