Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £45000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Looking for something dynamic, forward-thinking? Passionate about driving transformational green investment into the region as the 'Home of the Green Industrial Revolution'? We are working with the West Midlands Growth Company, assisting with the hire of a Senior Business Development Manager - Low Carbon.
Play a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward, promoting the West Midlands as a location in which global organisations can invest, grow, and thrive and has responsibility for developing and delivering a pipeline of job-creating business investment. A unique opportunity to take the lead on developing and delivering a focused and internationally significant business development and marketing campaign to drive inward investment into the region in the Low Carbon sector, including planning for and leveraging major international events such as COP26.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a focused, internationally significant business development and marketing strategy to promote Low Carbon inward investment in the region, with the objective of securing successful new investment and expansion projects in line with a range of contracts, with a focus on delivering the objectives of the Commonwealth Games Business & Tourism Programme.
- Generate and manage a pipeline of inward investment enquiries involving new and expansion projects with key measures around investment projects influenced/generated and secured, and associated new direct jobs created.
- Take a lead role in engaging and account managing strategic business specific to the sector across the West Midlands geography in collaboration with local partners, with the aim of generating business growth and securing expansion projects and delivering a presence at major events such as COP26, working with the Head of the programme's Inward Investment workstream to plan and deliver a budget for Low Carbon business development activity.
- Provide consultative support and sector experience to other teams within WMGC when they are engaged on projects that contain a Low Carbon dimension.
- Forge and develop effective relationships across and between public and private sectors within Greater Birmingham, the Black Country and Coventry & Warwickshire, building influence to become the natural "go to" / consultative Low Carbon lead for the WMCA regional LEPs, when they carry out strategic initiatives.
- Deep technical knowledge of the Low Carbon sector, including updated knowledge of key trends and the commercial drivers of organisations within the sector.
- Awareness of the West Midlands Low Carbon cluster and key companies and assets within it
- Experience of working in a multi-stakeholder environment / delivery partner environment
- Excellent commercial awareness and able to build relationships with senior staff across both public and private sectors.
- Significant previous experience of developing and execution of successful business development strategies.
- Excellent communication & presentational skills
- Demonstrable self-starter, capable of thriving in a fluid, results-driven environment
- Proven line management capability