Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £28000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Are you an experienced Senior Business Development Executive? Have you experience within Business Tourism and Sport? I am pleased to be supporting the West Midlands Growth Company with their requirement for a Senior Business Development Executive - Business Tourism and Sport to support the Head of Business Growth.
The West Midlands Growth Company helps the region make its mark nationally and internationally. Through investor attraction, regional marketing and tourism promotion, the WMGC showcases and supports the best of the West Midlands, driving the regional economy forward. The company works with a range of partners and stakeholders - including hundreds of major regional businesses, the public sector, universities, and regional and national government.
The Senior Business Development Executive will play a key role in facilitating the success of the West Midlands Growth Company during this exciting period. Working closely with the Sports and Major Events Manager and Business Tourism Team the successful candidate will take on a dynamic and influential role with a range of diverse deliverables. Your focus will support the delivery of a successful regional conference proposition by generating and converting enquiries within the meetings, incentives, conference and exhibitions (MICE) industry and Major Events and Sporting industry that runs alongside the Business and Tourism Programme.
Main responsibilities of the Senior Business Development Executive:
- Support the implementation of the MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and events) and sporting events attraction work stream for the tourism programme.
- Work with the industry to strengthen the region's image and increase the volume and value of business events coming into the region, by stimulating future growth within the sector and support markets that produce high value.
To succeed in the role, you'll need to:
- Support a proactive bid strategy maintaining and converting opportunities, working with pipeline targets in partnership with the wider business tourism, major and sporting events teams
- Attend key national and international sales missions and hosted buyer educational visits to raise the profile of the West Midlands as a leading global event destination
- Support the wider team with the production of events bids through sourcing venues and accommodation so that bids are competitive and attract new business visitors to the region
- Take responsibility for generating client proposals and maximise conversion through venue location services, accommodation booking services, as well as generating and converting enquiries so that the Business Convention Bureau grows its revenue across key markets and sectors.
- Support the retention and attraction programmes that are designed to support corporate, association, sporting federations, agencies and industry clients holding events in the region.
- Work closely with partner venues across the region to understand the regional markets and translate this into additional conference and events business
Skills & Knowledge:
- Practical experience developing conference and event ambassador programmes
- Experience of working within a sporting and major events environment.
- Experience working with sponsors, embassies and relevant stakeholders
- Experience with working within primary target markets, (India, Australia, Canada, Singapore and Malaysia)
- Experience with relevant audiences - leisure visitors, business events, investors etc.
- Excellent commercial awareness and able to build relationships with senior staff across the private and public sector
- Strong communication / relationship management and presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of the sales environment and appreciation and drivers of the pressures and drivers associated
- Commercially focused, supporting pipeline activity, targets and successful delivery of KPI's through a creative approach
- Highly developed negotiating skills with the ability to influence investment decisions