Senior Assistant Accountant
A global organisation who is a specialist in their area with the largest product offering are looking to recruit a Senior Assistant Accountant to be based into their expanding finance team, at their EMEA Head Office in Bracknell. The successful Senior Assistant Accountant will be responsible for various EMEA transactions - balance sheet reconciliations, journals, accruals, prepayments as well as various month-end transactions as well as reviewing of the inventory records by monthly reconciliations and investigation of discrepancies. The function will also involve ensuring appropriate adjustments are made to the records.
This is initially an interim role, and the successful Senior Assistant Accountant will be responsible for:
- Working within the experienced General Ledger team, handling balance sheet reconciliations and month-end activities
- Handling journal entries and accruals and pre-payments
- Responsible for all month-end activities
- Providing analytical review of all transactions
- Assisting with internal and external audit
- Ad-hoc project work
As the successful Senior Assistant Accountant, you are likely to have significant experience in:
- Working in a Financial environment, potentially within an EMEA or multi-site setup
- Experience of working in a General Ledger or Financial Accounting related setting dealing with extensive volumes of data is preferred.
- Previous experience of working in a multi-national environment including multi-currencies
- Handling various finance reconciliations and problem-solving skills which are essential for this role
- Confident PC user including Intermediate Excel, as well as look-ups and pivot tables.
Our client ideal candidate will be:
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to be pro-active, enthusiastic and assertive
- Able to start immediately
- Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic and able to work to tight deadlines
- Potentially Part Qualified, or studying towards AAT/ACCA/CIMA, but applications from stop-studiers and qualified by experience candidates are highly desired also
This is a really superb opportunity for candidates with a proven track record to work with our client - who offer a great training and on-boarding for all new starters, with continuous personal development for everyone. Long-term opportunities are also available for the chosen candidate.
My client can offer free parking and are within easy reach of all public transport routes. Please apply and get in touch for a full job specification and additional information for this Bracknell based role.