£28000 - £32000 per annum + 25 days hols + bonus + bens
16 days ago
Senior Finance Assistant £28,000 - £32,000 + bonus + 25 days holiday + pension
12 - 15 month maternity contract (high likelihood of permanent roles subject to performance and sign-off)
Fully remote role - with potential one to two days a month in the Wokingham Office
You must be a resident of the UK and have recent UK experience
Our client, is a well recognised UK business, and a key leader within it's industry and are based in Wokingham and require a Senior Finance Assistant to join their friendly, experienced accounts team for a 1 year maternity contract (likely to be around 15 months, with a high potential of a permanent role in the long term subject to sign off).
You are likely to be able to offer a few years of experience, and be personable, engaging, hard-working and friendly and offer communicate well at all levels. You are also likely to be progressing well within your finance career.
You will be responsible for being a senior member of the transactional finance team and being responsible for the allocation of payments and cash, allocating payments to client accounts, and to work closely with the wider finance team. Our client can offer training, and ideally they would like to recruit an individual who is systems savvy, happy to assist with bank recs, and the cash allocations and queries, with a high attention to detail.
Your role as a Senior Finance Assistant for our client, will include:
- Working closely with the Accounts department of 10, reporting to the Finance Team Leader
- Matching cash postings and handling all queries
- Assisting with banking of any cheques
- Producing monthly Trial Balance variance analysis
- Proving monthly reporting
- Assisting the Accountant with reconciling bank statements
- Providing assistance with payment runs and filing of invoices
- Assisting with month-end duties as well as accruals and pre-payments
- Daily use of Oracle and Excel (full training will be given)
- Ensuring accuracy at all times with allocating payments
- Ad-hoc duties and projects with the wider finance team
The successful Senior Finance Assistant will offer:
- Pro-active, keen and enthusiastic (maybe studying CIMA or ACCA or AAT, or you may be a non-studier)
- A strong interest in working in accounting or finance with recent transactional finance experience
- Good written / oral communication skill
- Experienced at using excel, word and email
- Good interpersonal skills, both over the phone and on email
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
Ideally you will be available at short notice for this 12-15 month maternity contract but my client will wait a month's notice for the right candidate.
This is a really unique Senior Finance Assistant role, for someone keen to put their next foot in the door of a superb friendly finance team. My client is currently working fully remotely but for as and when you are in the office (maybe one day a month for team meetings) my client can offer very modern offices, free parking and they are closely situated to the main train station and all good public transport links.
Please get in touch for this role and for further information on this Senior Finance Assistant role.