Are you an excel wizard?? Have you got any experience in Power BI and worked as analyst? Do you have the confidence to work with large amounts of data and have the capability to manipulate data in excel?
A well-known business based in Stoke on Trent are looking for an experienced Analyst to join their Settlements team for a period of 9 months to cover a maternity leave.
As Senior Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Take responsibility for running the monthly wholesale settlement reports and the proactive investigation and resolution of issues.
- Validate the monthly revenues by wholesaler and investigate large variances to forecast, the consumption estimation process and data entry errors. Feedback findings in a timely manner to customer services and monitor actions being taken on a monthly basis.
- At each month end you will confirm to the management accountants the reported raw margin for each wholesaler.
- Process Wholesaler invoices including validation of amount, gain authorisation and maintain invoice and credit logs.
- Demonstrate added value by spotting opportunities or risks to retail portfolio profitability, and recommending action in a persuasive way
- Continuously review the settlements process to identify potential improvements and where appropriate put them in place.
As Senior Analyst ideally you will have:
- Previous experience of settlements preferred
- Excellent levels of analytical skills to understand trends and generate insight.
- Expert knowledge of excel of excel including being able to use advanced formulas such as vlookups, index-match etc.
- Experience of using large volumes of data essential
- Strong numeracy skills demonstrated in previous roles is essential.
- Database interrogation experience preferred.
- Good attention to detail, with an inquisitive approach with the ability to recognise trends and to go further to understand the underlying causes