Senior Acquisitions Manager (South)
£60,000 + Bonus
Hybrid (1 day per week in London Office)
You have the exciting opportunity to make a career-defining move to join a fast-paced, thriving acquisitions team at a progressive fast-food chain in the UK. The client is highly flexible and inclusive with a strong drive for continued growth, with plans to open hundreds of new locations across the UK in the coming years.
You will be part of the Acquisitions Team in the South of the UK, forming part of the wider Development Department along with Construction and Estates Management. The QSR Client is entirely flexible regarding where you are based and you will be given control over your own diary to arrange field-based visits, working from home or office with preferably 1 day per week in office (London). You will be assigned a patch that suits your location and requirements and must have strong connections and knowledge within the region. The client is looking for a self-starter committed to achieving results with a strong customer perspective in their acquisitions strategy.
As Senior Acquisitions Manager you will:
- Acquire freehold and leasehold sites for Drive To and Drive Thru Restaurants, seeing the entire process through from beginning to end in a timely manner, on budget, in line with expected sales and ROI as well as with acceptable deal terms and planning permissions/conditions.
- Optimise site development and site selection processes whilst ensuring best location/best value for all real estate acquisitions and identify and bring forward appropriate sites.
- Ensures quality control standards for real estate transactions (cost, deliverability, time, location, economics, market needs, planning and deal quality etc).
- Communicates and implements corporate policies and procedures whilst promoting a professional image of the company and your department.
- Provide and present reports in line with company procedure for approval of sites at Executive Level
- To fully research the local property market and develop and maintain contact with key agents, developers and local authorities to identify all potential opportunities.
- Secure Ops support, negotiate acceptable and beneficial acquisitions terms, agree sales levels with ops and finance based upon site criteria, sales assessment models and benchmarking against existing stores performance, liaise with project manager and architect who will provide site specific design and costs to ensure optimal provisions.
- To prepare financial appraisals taking into account trading performance and the impact of the acquisition on the existing estate. Based on this a full business case for all proposals is to be prepared, including an assessment of the quality of the opportunity, town profile, sales assessment, benchmarks, key risks and opportunities.
- To prepare and present acquisition papers, both pre-read and final approval, in line with agreed standards, to the Executive board.
- To negotiate contracts in line with company best practice, ensuring we secure sites without compromising the quality of our operating, physical and financial asset, with maximum flexibility on timings.
- To work with the project manager and planning consultants to secure the requisite planning consent together with any appropriate planning agreements.
- To ensure a timely handover of the site (or completed shell development) to the project manager and manage legal and statutory progress to opening.
- To ensure that all outstanding planning and contractual matters are completed satisfactorily, before handing over to the relevant estate manager.
- To review the performance of projects post-completion with the Head of Acquisitions, VP Development and VP Finance. Use learnings to further improve the identification, development appraisal, approval and implementation of future schemes.
- To be fully aware of direct (and indirect) competitor activity in the property market, and apply any learnings to sourcing sites for McDonald's.
- Manage relationships with agents, consultants, local authorities, vendors, and other third parties throughout acquisitions and development process.
As Senior Acquisitions Manager you will need to:
- Have a Proven Track Record in Acquisitions and/or Development, preferably in Retail and Leisure
- Be a Chartered Surveyor (General Practice) with a minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience
- Have Broad knowledge of Landlord and Tenant, Planning, Property and Contract law, Procurement, Finance, Construction and the Acquisitions and Development process
- Be a Proactive Problem-Solver with a Strategic Approach
- Have a commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Have a proven strong communicator, coordinating and managing internal relationships from the very top to the very bottom and external parties including agents, land owners, solicitors, local and statutory authorities, architects, planning consultants and project managers
- Have strong negotiation skills
- Have strong market knowledge including competitor activity, deals and market planning
- Have a strong network of contacts in the wider property environment
- Have strong commercial business and operations knowledge
- Be a good team player with the knowledge and enthusiasm to lead where necessary
- Have a Full UK driving licence (essential).