Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Benefits
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently working with an excellent utilities business in Stoke on Trent who are recruiting for a Senior Accountant, this vacancy would ideally suit a first time mover from the profession.
Senior Accountant for Income & Debt - responsible for accurate reporting of all revenue streams and detailed understanding of all elements required to ensure a robust P&L and balance sheet position of Gross margin and debt - including system capabilities and limitations.
Senior Accountant: Stoke on Trent
- Responsible for the financial information relating to income and debt
- Understand the key drivers of the business areas and support and challenge how opportunities can be optimised and risks mitigated. Including developing a detailed understanding of the billing system and alignment to wholesale costs.
- The role is responsible for supporting 2 analyst roles delivering revenue and gross margin recognition and debtor accounts on the balance sheet.
- Monthly monitoring and control of revenue and gross margin by business segment and product group, understanding and concisely articulating reasons for variances from targets
- Adherence to month end deadlines
- Provision of information and analysis, as required, to Finance business partner team to assist with production of their deliverables incl. annual budget and business plan, monthly financial reporting etc.
- Lead contact on income and debt to Financial Business Partners, Financial Reporting & Analysis Teams and internal / external auditors
- Ensure the segment is compliant with the organisation's financial control requirements
- Set targets, monitor performance and provide regular feedback to team members to ensure employees are engaged and committed to performing effectively
This is a rare opportunity for a first time mover to join a role and organisation that offers great exposure not only to the technical elements of accounting but also a real pathway to more commercial type duties.
If you are a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and potentially interested in a new role please do get in touch