£40000.00 - £50000 per annum + Bonus, private healthcare, pension
about 1 year ago
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant with solid technical accounting skills, for a retail business based near Bromsgrove, Worcestershire. This role has a focus on their Property portfolio, and responsible for the management of a small team in producing a monthly rent, royalties & services cost accounting service. This is a fantastic opportunity offering all round exposure to managing a team, playing a large part in the completion of accounts offering month end management experience including variance analysis and creating client and business partners.
The successful Senior Accountant will be responsible for:
- Key involvement in the IFRS16 implementation and integrity of data and outputs. Being part of the decision-making and fully immersed in understanding the implications of accounting transactions.
- Team Management - leading, motivating, supervising and developing a small team.
- Month end Management Accounts variance analysis.
- Ensuring all Property Costs are accurately recorded in the accounts, ensuring thorough control.
- Review Property calculations, and month end property reconciliations.
- Investigation into anomalies, and troubleshooting any discrepancies.
- Key analysis of Property costs, and working closely with the Senior Management Team in highlighting any risks or opportunities.
- Continuous improvement of processes and existing procedures, looking at ways to improve and streamline.
- Internal and external Audit control, preparation and sign off of audited revenue statements.
- Assisting with client audits.
The successful Senior Accountant is likely to be a Practice Trained Accountant (ACA, ICAEW, ICAS, CA, ACCA) with good technical accounting knowledge, or an Industry trained qualified accountant with solid relevant experience within a Property accounting role.
You will need to have strong MS Excel experience, as large data sets will need to be manipulated; good understanding of accruals and pre-payments; and the ability to work through some complex balance sheet reconciliations.
The Senior Accountant will need to be a naturally inquisitive person who enjoys problem solving, someone diligent who can work independently, yet also lead a small team to achieve a common goal - someone who takes pride in the accuracy of their work.
The Senior Accountant role in Bromsgrove is attracting a package of between £40-50,000, dependant on experience. You will also have a contributory pension, private health care, and bonus potential.
If you are interested in finding out more about this Senior Accountant role based near Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, please apply with your most recent CV at your earliest convenience.
This role is also easily commutable from West Warwickshire, or South Birmingham, and also the south of the Black Country, Stourbridge, Kidderminster, West Midlands.