Reading, Berkshire, S. E. England, England
£45000.00 - £53000.00 per annum + Benefits
11 months ago
Senior Accountant - Reading - Competitive Salary
Are you a qualified/Finalist accountant looking for your first move into industry?
Have you previously gained practice exposure and are now working in industry but looking for a broader opportunity?
Do you prepare and sign of statements relating to the accounting procedures?
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Accountant to take a lead role within a highly entrepreneurial and growing financial and administrative outsourcing company serving the UK financial services sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful individual will be responsible for a portfolio of clients where you will take ownership of deliverables including the completion of monthly client management accounts and supervising junior staff in respect of the following duties:- Posting of primary accounting entries, payroll journals & nominal journals, preparation of supplier invoice payment runs; fixed asset register, accruals and prepayment schedules; preparing VAT returns and VAT working papers and have an understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules with a basic understanding of the principles of partial exemption and how this operates and provide technical accounting guidance and ad hoc project support where required.
- You will liaise with other departments within the firm, such as payroll, tax, company secretarial, to coordinate the delivery of other services provided by the firm and spot opportunities for further business development by establishing good client relationships.
- Oversee the year end process including the drafting of financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS and liaising with clients and auditors in connection with the signing of the financial statements in line with designated deadlines.
- Assist the Team Leader with the billing process and management of the firm's debts, and aiding the management, development and training of part qualified and junior staff.
- Consistently produce high quality work, by producing all reports to a high standard of accuracy, taking ownership for regular communication with clients to enable proper completion of tasks, resolution of issues with the ultimate goal of enhancing the client relationship. You will take responsibility for timely response to client queries and coordinating a response with team members when necessary
Your experience will include:
- A high level of technical knowledge with strong experience of producing financial statements, statutory returns and the Management Accounts
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified or nearing the end of your qualification
- Exposure gained within an accounting firm would be preferential
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work effectively as part of a team and use their own initiative where required
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work in a dynamic environment, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application with your CV here.